Hi, I’m Chris Fahey.
I’m a product and UX design exec with 20 years of experience leading extraordinary design teams and building effective and elegant products, services, and experiences.
I’m passionate about product design and a nerd about technology. I’m at my best when I’m leading and inspiring designers and engineers to work together as teams, empowering everyone to thrive through effective collaboration.
I lead product design and user research at Lifion, ADP’s next-generation platform and portfolio of HR products. Basically we’re fixing all the software your HR department makes you use to do everything from getting paid to taking vacations.
What I do every day:
- Build and lead our world-class design team and culture
- Cultivate rock-solid design skills and craft
- Create and refine collaborative product design processes
- Facilitate and optimize design logistics and tactics
- Define and implement product and business strategy
What I Do
I lead in-house design teams for innovative products:
- At Lifion by ADP, designing an HR software platform for making tens of millions of workers happier and more productive.
- At ZocDoc, disrupting and transforming the healthcare patient experience.
- At Spring, radically re-inventing the mobile shopping experience.
I evangelize design for the community:
- Speaker at design conferences internationally (watch “The Human Interface”, my talk about the future of Natural User Interfaces).
- Teacher and lecturer for undergrad and graduate interaction design programs.
I’ve led design projects for awesome clients:
- Advisory and consulting services for product strategy, UX and design, process, and team growth for both startups and new initiatives in larger organizations.
- Co-founded and led UX for Behavior Design, a groundbreaking interaction design consultancy; led Product and UX at Big Spaceship. Launched 100+ elegant and effective apps, websites, products and services.
- Clients include: Google, BMW USA, HBO, JPMorganChase, the National Geographic Channel, BusinessWeek, DIRECTV, Cablevision, Thomson Reuters, UNICEF, The Onion, and The New York Times.
About this Site
This is currently an archive of my blog from a few years ago. Please enjoy some of my favorite classic posts: